Merry Thursday Crafty Stealers!
Interestingly enough, the week we decided to do Christmas in July is also the week that we are breaking all kinds of low temperature records here in Texas. It was only 74 degrees the other day, which is basically unheard of in July (broke the record that had been in place since 1900!). So while we are enjoying a cool spell, it’s only fair to keep the winter-y feeling going in today’s Third Thursday Challenge. I was feeling sketchy this month, and got inspired by today’s steals of My Mind’s Eye’s Winter Wonderland,
so I came up with this. (I apologize for the sketch that looks like my 5-year-old drew it, I seem to have misplaced my pen and my finger was a sorry subsitute!)
No, it’s not necessarily Christmas in its design, but I do want to keep the Christmas spirit going by having you use Christmas papers and/or colors in your projects.
Want to play? Here are the rules…
1. Create a layout or card (or even a mixed media or home decor piece) that loosely follows this sketch.
2. Use Christmas colors or patterned papers when creating your project.
3. Take a photo and upload it to the Linky Tool at the bottom of this post. You will need to have a web-based photo and can either link it to your blog, or a photo-sharing site like Photobucket or Flickr (both free). We have even seen public Facebook albums created to share photos as well.
4. Upload your projects by midnight CST on Sunday, August 4th.
5. On Monday, August 5th, a random entry will be chosen to receive a package of Crafty Steals craft supplies and the winner’s project will be posted on our blog.
I had some fun with today’s My Mind’s Eye Winter Wonderland steal and came up with this card that follows the sketch.
Have a great rest of your week, and enjoy the Christmas steals that we’ll be offering up through Saturday. It’s a great way to ease the burden of holiday crafting – start working in July!
Any questions, concerns, comments, problems? Email me at BLOG at CRAFTYSTEALS dot COM.